Saturday, June 5, 2010

Divorced Dont's...

FYI....
If someone tells you they are divorced DO NOT:
*Say "Im Sorry" ... It obviously had a series of events that took them there. If you are not divorced, obviously it would destroy you to lose your spouse. Well i am divorced and I was happy to see that end!
*Ask them out. This is a no no.
*(To girls) Make a joke about the child support they are surely bringing in & how they are rich. Because that is not the case for alot of women. Even the dads that pay... Don't owe thousands a month.
*Ask why. This is a loaded question... Why do people think its appropriate to pry in the middle of a crouded lunchroom? Im pretty sure everyone gives the same answers... "it wasnt Right" "We were too young" "We grew apart" OR "He cheated" LOL. So why go there??
*Offer Advice. Im not sure why anyone ever does this, In any situation... Unless, they are asked for it.

It has been 4 years since my Divorce this month! & I am happy!

1 comment:

the cole family said...

Whew! I'm sure glad I read that! I've always felt it's a topic to be careful with. So I mostly just avoid. But that's probably wrong too. ;) JK

It's nice to know how people feel about stuff like that!