Monday, July 6, 2009

The Cake Off....

My mom is an awesome artist. For those that don't know, she paints murals at people's homes and also has stuff in Quilted Bear. About 5 yrs ago she started painting on wedding cakes, painting on the fondant so people can do extreme things with their cakes. Recently her "cake boss" Carrie applied to be on TLC's new show to air in Aug. She went to California to be in the competition and paint on the cake. She was in 1 of 3 teams competing. The theme was Air Force One and it went down on July 3rd. You all should tune in and watch my cute momma on TV. The actual show is to air Sept 28th on TLC. I cant say if they won or not, or Post pictures of the other cakes in the competition. Since it hasn't aired, we could get sued by TLC. haha. So anyway I can post pictures of my moms cake. The cake was over 5 ft tall and AMAZING!!! everything you see is edible. all made out of cake (& some rice krispies, and suckers)!!!! GIMMIE IT. I seriously want to eat this!!!
My Mom's Team....


THE AMAZING CAKE.....







WHOA!!!!





She had a lot of fun, I can't believe she painted shading on the cake like that!! And yea, the words and eagle were painted by her. Its so cool. Im Jealous she gets to have such a fun job!!! :)

1 comment:

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

How in the world can they make food look that awesome?!?!?! Your mom is amazing- if they didnt win i would be shocked!