Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Big Break

Now normally I would be refering to the time I drank an entire bottle of wine and decided to eat it into a coffee table breaking 2 bones in my hand. That was my former biggest break. This time I am refering to a JOB!!! I am so happy that I finally got this. Now when I say I am due for this it is an understatement to the Nth degree. I got laid off (fired) from ARUP in FEB 2011 after working there for almost 5years and this happened 6mo before I fully vested in my retirement (REALLY? WTF!!!!) Since this time I have applied for at least 10 jobs a week and that includes while I was working at Highmark, Fulcrum, Davids Bridal & Sutter (where I am working now) I am sick to death of applying for work! SICK. The new job is at the University of Utah Hospital as a Surgical Technician. I am beyond excited and HAPPY. I feel I can finally move on with my life. I know that sounds dramatic but this is ME we are talking about here. I hate Mon thru Fri 9-5. It is something that will never work for me. I can't get anything done. 9 to 5 is the absolute worst shift I have ever worked besides the one I work now that is 10-7. I despise not having weekdays off work, and with family. I am sorry but it just doesn't work if you're at work all the time. The new job will be 4 tens swing shift or a night position. Swing shift would be mostly awesome but I actually really like graves. I like them for the following reasons: I never miss anything. I just go to it tired. I have all day everyday to schedule appointments and I can also volunteer in Zachie's class (because lets be honest his Step mom does this in his class and i don't--because I have to work, and this thorn in my side is leaving permanant scaring!!!) I also super despise desk jobs. I hate them! If I could punch a job in the face it would be any job that I am sitting all day. Ive actually gotten in a fight w my husband about this because he tried to convince me that desk jobs were awesome. I almost punched HIM in the face. My new job I will get a raise, not have to do my hair because I will be wearing a cover and I get to go into the OR sometimes. Yes I do like to get ready for work but it is kind of a hassle sometimes trying to figure out what to wear. Thats what I loved about working in a lab previously. At that time I thought "this sucks. I wish I could get ready for work and wear heels" UM I will never say that again. NEVER.
Also let me just ballpark how many jobs I have applied for at IHC hopsital & the U combined since feb 2011.....OVER 100. I heard a statistic that when looking for a job you get 1 interview out of 60 applications submitted in this economy. I felt this was very true for me, and not true for anyone else looking for work. OMG! I struggled so bad with this. NOW IT IS OVER!
Lil miss can breath easy and it is time for a Celebration/Toast. WOO HOO!!!!!

No comments: