Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stitches x3!

So this week Zachie got his first set of stitches! Poor babe. I was in the shower and he got the huge kitchen sheers to try to open a tube of M&M's. He cut his little finger with them. As I said I was in the shower...He proceeded to shake his bleeding hand & run up to tell me he cut it crying. =( Making my house look like a crime scene. Here are a few pics but it looked like this everywhere.



Haha! kinda funny now that my baby is ok, but at the time how traumatic! He did awesome at the doctor. Well lets rephrase that. He did Awesome at the doctor..for a 5 year old having his finger numbed & stitched up. Now I have never been that parent to become emotional over their child going through pain. Immunizations/hurting themselves/ anything physical. But I got teary eyed at the doc. I wanted to help Zachie so bad and he was having such a hard time with the pain & the courage he needed to hold his hand still. His dad had to come help me hold him down & after he was numb and just being stitched up Zachie asked the doc "Do you like BYU or UTAH?" the doc said "Utah, of course" Z was making a face & saying YUCKKK. hahaha. Jake said "its OK buddy, Ive heard that doctors that like Utah are still good doctors!" He needed 3 stitches & hasnt really complained about it hurting since the day it happened. Here is what it looks like now.

Gnarly. Way to be brave Zach. We love how tough you are! Haha! DONT mind my bra hanging on the doorknob in the back... LOL! dontcha love how stuff shows up in pics that you weren't aware of?!

No comments: