Saturday, January 15, 2011

Embarrasing moment #2

Embarrasing moment #1 was throwing up in a plasma center & flashing all patients seeing as how I was in a skirt, and connected to a machine.
So today might have been worse. I was mortified. I know it will cause a laugh for all females though so I thought I would share. First off lets talk about what NOT to do:
DO NOT SCHEDULE A YEARLY PAP EXAM ON A SATURDAY. these are not for weekends.
DO NOT GO TO A RANDOM DOCTOR THAT IS MALE AT A FREE CLINIC &
DO NOT MAKE THE APPOINTMENT FOR 6:30AM.
DO NOT WAIT TIL THE VERY LAST DAY TO GET THE EXAM BEFORE YOUR PILL LAPSES.
All those things are signs of danger!!!!
I went to the appointment at the free clinic at my work & I had to do it today because like I said I procrastinated. My work shift starts at 5am so I figure it doesn't matter I will be there anyway. Well trust me it was still way too early!
The doc as previously mentioned was Male and so therfor cannot be in the room with me alone. The MA's on staff since its a saturday were also ALL MALE! Im having a mini panic attack that I wont be able to get this taken care of...
Meanwhile.. The doc has asked some RANDOM woman to come into the room.
I try to make a few jokes with her about her break sucking as bad as mine, and how I will come in and sit in on her next pap. She didn't think it was amusing at all and never responded to me.
SO I am wearing the hospital gown backwards so they can do the breast exam. Apparently the MAN doctor thinks I dont want/need any privacy and puts me in the sturrups right away. He peels the gown off on both sides and starts doing the exam. HOLY HELL it is cold in here. OH, MAYBE THATS BECAUSE I AM NAKED & EXPOSED... SPRAWLED ON A TABLE!!!!!!!! he does the exam. As he is doing this I glance over at this random chick... She is full on standing there staring at me. Awkwardly! Oh my AWKWARD. Why is she looking right at me? is she looking at my face? or my boobs or checking out my stomach and doing some kind of sick comparison to hers? WHAT THE........ This went on for 30 seconds but it felt like 30 mintues. I also glanced at her as the doc was doing my pap and yep! She was still staring.
As if this all isn't bad enough... Guess who I see 2 more times at work?
AWKWARD RANDOM WOMAN!!!!!! Who is she even? one of the times I said "haha. fancy seeing you here" again, trying to make a joke. Nope no response. The next time was upstairs by the lunchroom. Im glad I didn't have to sit up by her and eat too!!!

2 comments:

Julie P. said...

Hey what's your email? Just made my blog private so I gotta add you.

emily said...

Ha!!! Thanks for the laugh... at your expense... sorry... the things us girls have to go through... I swear!!