Wednesday, March 7, 2012

::::The Serenity Prayer::::

I am sure you all know this Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

Anyway when I first heard it I thought it was Common Sense. I mean obviously you want to be OK with things in your life you can't change, and strive to be better. But the past few years have really taught me what this prayer REALLY means. I have come to a fork in the road countless times, and actually, think I chose the wrong road, not once but a lot of times. Now what should I accept, or change? and at what point can things no longer be changed? How much courage do you need to change things? Well I think a lot of courage, more than I realize. I think I lack here. It is devestating to me because I have always thought of myself as a strong person and woman & now I think i'm weak. It is very hard to admit that, especially in a public place but I think it will help me.
I also really think there is a very FINE LINE between STRONG and WEAK. Women who are abused and don't leave that life are constantly judged by society and labeled as "weak" Well I'm sorry. But are they weak?
So when we say "The courage to change the things we can," we are not talking about changing others. We are mainly talking about changing ourselves. We must set boundaries for our own peace of mind, or because "its the right thing to do" ... and, in doing so, things change. But all we can do is set the boundary and enforce it .... and that is where "courage" comes in .... because setting boundaries, Come with a risk. The risk that the other person will not honor the boundaries. In fact, they will not even ACKNOWLEDGE them. This is True in my life in a lot of areas, Let me show u a pie graph chart of my life areas.....

you can see here that I am decreasing a bit faster than increasing......LOL!!!!!!!!
I feel I am up in the night with this thought provoking, yet vaugue post. That is not only because it is 1am!!!!!! Seriously, Am I crazy?
Wisdom means: The knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action. OK, So what's really "RIGHT" vs a matter of "OPINION". Seriously I want to know. My opinion is that I AM RIGHT 92.5% of the time & that calculation is because of the radio station, and I wish it was Sunday so I can listen to Sunday Nite Slo Jams! Seriously.

No comments: